Vegan Tuna Salad & Sarmies by Nondumiso Phenyane
- 200g cooked chickpeas
- 40g chopped onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 to 3 tbsp Trim Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- A sprinkle of pepper
- Some chilli flakes
- To cut down the prep time, buy cooked chickpeas. Non-vegans may substitute the chickpeas with tuna.
- Wash two celery sticks, remove the leafy ends, and slice the celery into half-moon shapes.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or a blender and do about five one-second pulses. The ingredients should be roughly mixed.
- If you do not have a food processor or a blender, dice the onion and celery, smash the chickpeas with a fork, and mix the ingredients using a fork.
- This recipe makes delicious vegan tuna salad which you may serve with lettuce and tomatoes, or use to make delicious sandwiches.
Trim Reduced Oil Salad Dressing