Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Topped with Caramalized Popcorn
- 240g (2 cups) cake flour
- 150g sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 180g Crosse & Blackwell Mild & Creamy Mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
- 250ml coffee
- 200g dark chocolate
- 180ml fresh cream
- 100g caramel popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a bundt cake tin with Spray n Cook and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, eggs and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Stir the mayonnaise mixture and the coffee into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. (the batter will be runny)
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack before turning to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glazing, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the cream until it just begins to simmer then pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for a few seconds to allow the chocolate to soften then gently stir with a whisk until the chocolate has fully melted into a smooth mixture. Let it sit for a few seconds to thicken a little before glazing the cake. Decorate with caramelized popcorn.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.