Back 2 School Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Reduced Oil Mayonnaise Sandwich by Candice Bodington
- Can of chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 3 Tbsp of Reduced Oil Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander* (finely chopped)
- 1 healthy pinch each salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices of bread (lightly toasted // gluten-free for GF eaters)
- Tomato, and or lettuce (optional // for serving)
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture.
- Add Reduced Oil Mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, coriander, salt, and pepper and mix with a spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Toast bread (if desired) and prepare any other sandwich toppings you desire (tomato, onion, lettuce).
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the slices of bread, add desired toppings and sauce, and top with the other two slices of bread.
- Chickpea mixture will keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, making it great for quick weekday lunches!
Reduced Oil Mayonnaise