Steak and Egg with Golden Fries and a Garlic Mayonnaise topping
- 2 rump steaks
- 100g butter
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. red wine
- 10g fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet frozen oven chips
- 2 eggs
- 10g fresh rocket
- 2 cups Trim Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a pan, melt the butter and oil on medium to high heat. Add the garlic and thyme and fry the steaks. Season with salt, pepper and add a splash of the red wine and cook until reduced. Approximately 6 minutes.
- Leave the steaks to rest once cooked.
- Place chips on an oven-baking tray and bake until golden in colour according to package instructions. Season once cooked.
- Fry the eggs just before serving and place on top of the steaks along with the rocket and a dollop of Trim Reduced Oil Salad Dressing.
Change the dish up by slicing the steaks into strips and serving on toasted ciabatta bread with some avocado.
Trim Reduced Oil Salad Dressing