Tartar Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped very small (3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, capers, dill, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste then adjust with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper. For the best flavour, cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for one week.